Monday, September 22, 2008

We interrupt our regularly scheduled program . . .



. . . to bring you my favorite band of the moment, Coldplay, performing Violet Hill, or more acurately what I like to call my "Theme Song to Depression." Seriously, it's a good tune. (I had the flu this weekend, so that's my "no essay" excuse. I am working on one for tomorrow so check back!)


Coldplay Violet Hill


Check it out on You Tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IakDItZ7f7Q


Some Lyrics . . .


Was a long and dark December
From the rooftops I remember
There was snow
White snow

Clearly I remember
From the windows they were watching
While we froze down below

When the future's architectured
By a carnival of idiots on show
You'd better lie low . . .



(Anyone have a nagging memory from last winter? Yeah . . . me too. Several, actually. This song fits.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bought a ticket to see them live next month. Their new album has gotten me through life this summer. It's amazing, right? Happy to see we share this enjoyment.

- Tariq

Audra said...

Hey, Tariq, great minds think alike, what can I say? :-)