Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Chapter Five: Holy Divorce Land Batman

Me, Susie, Annie and Julia. I dub us the Divorce Land Girls.

And by the way: hello, holy crap and wtf is going on? Is the earth moving through some kind of divorce force field? Has the entire world lost its mind? Is marriage all the sudden so last year? I mean really, four of us? All within shouting distance of each other? It was crazy when I disovered Susie, getting a little eerie when she and I found Annie, but with the addition of Julia this is just getting to be far too Twilight Zone.

Don't get me wrong, we're all happy to have found a solid circle that can relate to our very traumatic experiences, but even we are thinking this is just a little creepy. Even my own mother can't help but comment, "Are all your friends getting divorced?" Gee, sure seems that way, Mom, doesn't it?

Susie simply says, "It's God. It's just God. I don't understand how we are all going through this simultaneously."

"It's super weird," Annie concurs.

"Well I could care less how and why we all connected but here we are. Thank God, Thank Weird, Thank Alanis Morrisette because isn't it ironic, that's all I can say," smart ass Julia chimes in.

And so here we are. The Divorce Land girls. Navigating our very unique yet similar paths through divorce.

Side by side.

No comments: