Monday, March 3, 2008

Chapter Seven: When Idiots Attack

Poor Julia.

She is surrounded by idiots.

I no sooner post the Divorce Nuggets and she is being bombarded with email commentary from individuals disguised as friends but who I suspect are really undercover agents on a mission to make sure that the whole world stays married (with adjectives like "happily" or even "semi-contently" as purely unnecessary trivial details).

Because after all . . .

"Why would you get divorced? You just bought a house?"

Who knew real estate was the key to happily after, that's what I would like to know. As if simply having four walls guarantees that the life going on within them must be worth sustaining at all costs.

Or how about this one:

"Are you sure this isn't just a simple misunderstanding?"

Of course! After all, this is all about the toothpaste tube, the underwear on the floor, and leaving the garage door open at night. Silly, silly me . . .

Sometimes I wonder if people really think that divorcing people simply just wake up one morning and think to themselves, "Look at this, I don't really have a lot going on for the next six months. Hmmm, what to do, what to do. You know, husband version 1.0 is getting a little outdated. I know! I'll get divorced! That should make life interesting."

Really people. Really?!?!?

Take heart, Julia.

The rest of your friends know this has nothing to do with the nice house or the toothpaste tube.

No comments: